- Is an active scientist within skin-related research.
- Is able to demonstrate scientific merits in the form of at least 5 peer-reviewed first author or co-first author publications within skin-related research.
- Has his/her primary workplace within the relevant region at the time of being selected as awardee.
- Is between 30 and 40 years of age at the time of being selected as awardee. Natural and reasonable career breaks such as paternity/maternity leave, military service or the like may be deducted.
Please read the application guide thoroughly and complete your application accordingly.
Applicants can not:
- Have commercial or cosmetic/aesthetic research as his/her primary focus.
- Have personal or financial ties to LEO Pharma, including involvement in e.g. sponsored studies or clinical trials at PI level.
- Be an earlier recipient of a LEO Foundation Award.
- Be an earlier recipient of another prize or award (personal or for research) exceeding a value of USD 50,000. Regular research grants are exempt from this requirement.
The LEO Foundation will ensure an independent and unbiased evaluation process in which all applications will be evaluated based on the same criteria and towards the same scientific level.
It will normally take approx. three months from application deadline to award decision.
If you are selected as awardee, you become a LEO Foundation Alumni and you will be requested to participate and contribute at two events within three years following your receipt of the award.
The LEO Foundation will agree on events and contributions with all awardees.