The LEO Foundation is a commercial foundation established in 1984 with the primary purpose of ensuring the continuance of the global pharmaceutical company LEO Pharma A/S.
In accordance with our charter, the LEO Foundation is the permanent controlling owner of LEO Pharma, and we exercise engaged ownership to support the company’s long-term development and success.
Our engaged ownership is based on three main principles that guide our actions and behavior
We take a long-term strategic view of the business and are strongly committed to ensuring the successful development of LEO Pharma.
- We facilitate and contribute to constructive shareholder interactions, to ensure alignment on the long-term strategic direction of the company.
- We assess, challenge and support the company’s strategic development and performance.
We want to make a sustained difference, and consider sustainability and integrity prerequisites for LEO Pharma’s long-term success.
- We uphold and protect the company’s fundamental values and promote a culture of integrity and positive corporate behavior.
- We work to promote responsible business practices throughout the company.
We set the bar high and support LEO Pharma in reaching its full potential and advancing the standards of care for patients around the world.
- We encourage the company to be at the forefront of scientific discovery and drive continuous innovation.
- We work to ensure a strong focus on competitive operations and financial performance.