7 August 2023
Join us on our mission to pave the way for curing skin diseases! We are looking for a student assistant with excellent writing skills and a keen interest in digital communication.
At the LEO Foundation, we are committed to paving the way for curing skin diseases and supporting and benefiting people and society. We are looking for a student assistant who can support the communications team in effectively communicating the Foundation’s activities across various channels and target audiences.
In this role, you will become an important part of the communications team where you can continuously learn and develop your skills while working on diverse tasks, and you will gain in-depth knowledge of how a modern commercial foundation operates. If you are a driven and creative individual and if you possess excellent communication skills and a creative mindset, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
About the job and tasks:
As student assistant, you will play a crucial role in helping us effectively communicate about the LEO Foundation’s activities. Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing news and creating content for our website and social media channels to engage with our target audiences.
- Updating and maintaining our website to ensure that all information is up-to-date, accurate, and accessible.
- Creating and designing various visuals, including layouts, infographics, images and other materials that enhance our communication efforts.
- Preparing social media and website reports to monitor our performance and improve our communication strategies.
- Managing and updating our communication toolbox, which includes our image library, standard PowerPoint presentations, and templates.
- Assisting the communications team with day-to-day tasks.
We are looking for a student who studies communication, journalism (or equivalent) on bachelor or master’s level and has:
- Strong writing skills – Danish and English – and flair for translating complex topics into effective communication.
- A digital mind-set and experience with CMS would be a great advantage (WordPress, Drupal or other).
- Basic understanding of social media platforms (we focus on LinkedIn and Twitter).
- Strong graphical skills and flair for design (we use Canva for design and social media visuals).
- A structured and detail-oriented approach to tasks with a hands-on attitude.
The position is approximately 15 hours per week, and the working days and hours are flexible and based on agreement with the team.
We offer an opportunity to:
- Be part of a purpose-driven foundation committed to making a difference to people and society.
- Work alongside experienced and passionate colleagues who take pride in delivering high quality work.
- Be a part of a workplace characterized by an informal tone and respect for each other.
- Work in a setting where responsibility for tasks is given to those who have the ability and the drive to handle them professionally.
- Join a flexible workplace located on Lautrupsgade at Nordhavn in Copenhagen
How to apply?
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com as soon as possible. Deadline for applying is 31 August 2023.
Please do not hesitate to contact Signe Krabek, Head of Communication and Public Affairs, on +45 2049 6869 if you would like to know more about the position.
About the LEO Foundation
The LEO Foundation is one of Denmark’s largest commercial foundations and an engaged owner of the pharmaceutical company LEO Pharma. Established in 1984, the Foundation’s main objective is to ensure the company’s long-term development and success.
Besides the ownership, the Foundation provides philanthropic grants with the aim to support the best international research in skin diseases and make Denmark a global beacon for skin research.
In addition, the Foundation owns financial assets of around DKK 16 billion. The main objectives of the investments are to ensure continued capability to support LEO Pharma’s long-term development and provide funds for philanthropic activities.
Read more about the LEO Foundation here.
For information about how we handle personal data in connection with job applications, please visit leo-foundation.org/en/privacy-policy/